Nothing tastes better than fresh buns out of the oven ! Just the aroma in the house starts your tastebuds to anticipate something really delicious!
Here are some tips for perfect buns - everytime!
Note: I have repalced few of the ingredients listed to make it even more healthier.
- Instant yeast-2tsp
- Warm milk-1cup
- Eggs-2(optional). Eggs may be replaced by milk.
- Low fat melted butter-2tbsp
- all purpose flour(maida)-4cups[for a healthier version,replace by whole wheat flour]
- Kasoori methi-2tbsp(optional)
- Egg-1,for egg wash(optional)
- Any Mix vegetable/meat filling-as required(I sauted onions and added all possible veggies ,salt and small chicken cubes.Finally adding spices like chilli powder,pepper powder,jeera(cumin) powder and garam masala)
Mix the yeast,milk and sugar together.Let it rest for 15mins.
Cover with a moist kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour.